- Back to Home »
- Guide: Loading Screen
Posted by : z3lover October 05, 2013
How to use a custom loading screen in Dota 2
- Convert image to a texture (or use already converted from below)
- Download VTFEdit from downloads section above.
- Use File > Import, with these settings https://developer.valvesoftware.com/w/images/8/86/Vtfedit_importoptions.png
- save the texture with name background01.vtf
- Put the texture info the folder "steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\materials\console" (create the folder if it does not exist)
- In Steam, go into your Dota properties, and add the launch option "-override_vpk".
Already converted images
- epic loading screen created by Kunkka http://www.mediafire.com/download/aj9m9z86akf2v4j/console.zip
- red panda (seen on singsing stream) http://www.mediafire.com/?vabwlsqz31zyr9x
- warcraft 3 panda (seen on merlinis stream) http://www.mediafire.com/?8bd38fp4yj33zfi
Screenshots - How it should look
- thx to yene for writing the tutorial.